Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May in Review

THINGS I LOVE MAY

1.       Hong Kong with Ange, Jake and Isabel


2.       Hosting my first dinner party in Tunxi (and still working on the leftover pasta : )

3.       Getting my first Chinese calligraphy painting lesson

4.       Hosting my first couch surfer, Liz

5.       Bike rides through coutrysides and trekking through the Mu Kong Bamboo forest (Soooooo serene!!!!!!!!!!!)


6.       Learning how to use my electric burner so that I can actually cook things now

7.       My new blender – amen to smoothies, popsicles and mixed drinks in this hot weather!

8.       My mug collection (I’m addicted to the Chinese tea mugs with carved decorations on them)


9.       That my apartment is nearly fully decorated and actually feels like home : )


10.   The variety of Chocolate in my apt thanks to care packages and gifts from when sis visited : D

THINGS I MISS

1.       Ange, Jake,  Isabel and Liz : (

2.       Sunny weather in Seattle

3.       A temperate climate

4.       Peace and quiet

5.       Living in a place that doesn’t have cockroaches and rabid mosquitos

6.       Reliable internet connections

7.       Not sweating all the time (this includes both “stress” and literal sweat due to non-temperate climate)

8.       Not having people think I’m weird for wearing a tank top

9.       Cocktail parties, BBQs and happy hours with my friends back home

10.   My friends and family






No comments:

Post a Comment