Wednesday, April 6, 2011

March in Review

THINGS I LOVE: MARCH
1.       My new home in Huangshan (Tunxi)
2.       My new employers, Moon and Mr. Wong (they consider me part of their family now and they always leave decisions up to me and say “you’re the boss.”)
3.       The new school and the eager, enthusiastic new students
4.       Mao Doufu, also called Hairy Tofu (an incredibly delicious type of tofu I’m told is found only in Huangshan)
5.       Mts., hiking paths, river paths and nature in general
6.       Flowers blooming
7.       Having four days off a week
8.       Old Street
9.       Living alone for the first time ever in an awesome apartment

10.   My new camera!

THINGS I MISS
1.       Springtime in the PacNorthwest
2.       Cadburry minis (thankfully mom sent some in a care package – awesome surprise!)
3.       Wireless internet in the apartment
4.       The smell of sweet box and daphnia at the end of winter
5.       St. Patrick’s day dash, green beer, Irish Car Bombs and the following memorable (or forgettable depending on how much you drink)debauchery
6.       The variety of supermarkets and various products Hefei had to offer
7.       My roomies and foreign amigos from Hefei
8.       All the running paths and routes I had back home
9.       The cabin
10.   My friends and family



No comments:

Post a Comment