Monday, March 7, 2011

February in Review

THINGS I LOVE FEBRUARY
1.       Vacation (Aston said they wouldn’t pay me for not taking a vacation, so I took my vacation the week before my contract was up.)
2.       Xiamen and Gulang Yu (The coastal city where I went for my last-minute vacation)

3.       Sinking my feet into the sand on the beaches in Xiamen
4.       Getting sunburnt for the first time in 2011
5.       Knowing that I will be leaving Hefei the day after my birthday
6.       My birthday was the same day as the termination of my Aston contract
7.       Hot Pot – it’s China’s version of Fondu and is simply incredible

8.       My roomies and Riva (and all foreign friends for that matter : )
9.       Green Tea flavored Oreos
10.   Packing

THINGS I MISS
1.       Central heating
2.       The sunshine
3.       Warm weather
4.       Being able to run outside
5.       Nature
6.       Animal rights (I visited the zoo . . . . )

7.       Clean sidewalks (everyone spits here, and there is very little rain, so there are nasty globs everywhere)
8.       Birthday dinner with the fam
9.       Birthday cheesecake and microwbrews
10.   My friends and family

No comments:

Post a Comment